CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

39 Weeks & 2 Days...plus Bed Rest

Here we sit just 5 days away from my due date and it seems more like 5 weeks away. I am anxiously awaiting the pains and joys of labor. Bring it on! I am ready for it. And I have officially decided that I am going to be the last pregnant girl in the world. Do all women near their due date feel that way? I am sure they do. Yet, as I sit here, every one of my girlfriends who was due around the same time as me is sitting at home holding their baby. And I still sit here with my large and in charge preggo belly!

To help the time pass I did create and online baby pool where people get to guess her arrival date, weight, etc. It has been fun checking it out to see what people think. The largest number of guesses is for Feb 7th, so Saturday here we come. Yet, today is good for me too! And I should mention that there is a full moon on Monday and statistically there are a large number of babies who arrive during a full moon. So we shall see. And for those who guessed my her date of arrival after my due date and/or with a weight of well over 8lbs...YOUR OFFICIALLY ON MY BAD LIST! And forgiveness will require bribery :)

After yesterday's appointment I was officially put on bed rest for my final days of pregnancy. This is not due to my child, but my high blood pressure. I have had great blood pressure the entire time, but it was abnormally high during yesterdays appointment. After a bit at the office, they rechecked it and it was back to normal. So they decided not to send me straight to the hospital, but straight to bed...ugh! I personally think it was a total fluke, but I am no doctor so pajama world, days of tv watching, and Internet here I come. It has been 24 hours so far and I already fear tomorrow. I think I did everything I could think of while lounging on the couch today....what will tomorrow hold. Maybe a trip to the hospital and a baby?!?

I shall also throw in that they stripped my membranes at the appointment yesterday. That was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Hopefully it will yield some results...if not, I do not recommend it at all. Although, even if it does produce results, I would still not be quick to recommend the process. It sucked that bad!

The next post WILL be about the arrival of the baby!!!!! Until then...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! We can't wait to meet Caroline!